Friday 4 November 2016

Simon-Sting me

Why I Love Sting.

This guy is so creative!! And yet he’s traditional too. I remember The Police from when I was a kid and of course the most played radio song in history “Every Breath You Take”. Then still as a child came out “Nothing Like the Sun” with its jazz ambience. I’ve got great memories with friends and this album, as well as with “
Ten Summoner's Tales” with “Fields of Gold” and “Shape of my Heart”. This artist has always seemed to hit me at the right time, the right place and for the right reasons. And that’s exactly what happened in 1996… I was 20 years old and was entering adulthood with a BOOM and “Mercury Falling” was my soundtrack. The quality of the recordings, the sounds of the instruments, his voice and lyrics were all parts of what I couldn’t define. This album was officially a master piece in my book. Years passed and he released other albums. I wasn’t always on the lookout for his new recordings but Sting has always been a major influence for me.
More recently, in September of 2013, another major piece of work was released, “The Last Ship” The album tells the story of a ship yard in England where he grew up with his family. Again
, a complete album you want to pay attention to till the end.   What a nice spiritual surprise that came out at the right moment once again. 

There is still room for creativity in this world. Art should be the witness of our growth as a species… not it’s downfall. 
“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” 
Dalai Lama XIV

Simon H.

Check out my video here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8GaeKbdPps&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment