|Calgary's Tod Hughes of The Tod Hughes Project|
When Sierra Jamerson of Edmonton started her Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, to raise funds for her second radio release scheduled to go out this October, fans and friends all knew she would be successful. As a nominee for The Western Canada Music Awards (#BOW2015) Jamerson has already proven she can make things happen. However, she did not expect to receive a huge outpouring of support from fellow musician and Calgary businessman Tod Hughes. Seeing she was already 39% funded, Hughes stepped up and donated the remaining 61%.
Tod's generosity toward other musicians fits with his personality on stage and off. One reviewer said of Tod "There needs to be more space in the world for warm, unpretentious acts like this." Alonzo Evans was referring to Tod's musical act, but the same could be said of his act of generosity toward Jamerson. He did not make a big deal about the donation, but simply put up the money when it was needed.
Tod's music can be heard on radio stations around the world; it's about time we heard more of it here at home.
Here is a list of things you can do to support musicians like Tod and Sierra:
- Call your local radio station and ask to hear Tod's song "The Only One Who Won't Drink With Me is You"
- Invite your friends to like like both of their Fan pages on Facebook.
In her Indiegogo campaign Jamerson said "I'm on a mission". Her friends and fans at Rosner Management, as well as those across the country are all glad to be part of that mission. Congratulations on the nomination and the successful crowdfunding campaign!
|Edmonton's Sierra Jamerson Nominee for Western Canada Music Award 2015|