Friday 23 January 2015

Jake Willis - Down the Golden Road and Back

Jake Willis - Singer/Songwriter


My songwriting has been compared to such diverse artists as John Prine, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Holly Near, Townes Van Zandt, Waylon Jennings, Merie Haggard, John Denver, Stan Rogers, Ewan MacColl, Johnny Cash, and John Newton. I'm of Welsh heritage and I love singing, music, and songs that have heart and soul, and a groove that lets you dance and sing along. I'm a Canadian artist with a global perspective. I'm an activist delivering hope, faith, love, and perspective to a generation in doubt. I reach high and stay low.

The songs I sing are intended to be a vehicle for people to use to think about their own lives, circumstances, trials and challenges. I experience it as a journey along 'The Golden Road' of life. It is designed to allow you to bring your experience into a flexible narrative. Have a happy and safe journey. I came for the North Canadian bush, went to an Ivy League school, and traveled on to meet you here and now. What a blessing that is!

-J.W.

Click here to preview/listen to Jake Willis' album The Golden Road: jake willis - the golden road

Click here to listen to "Used to Be a Railroad" on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrQhwt8fgWY

No comments:

Post a Comment