Sunday 9 November 2014

Mackenzie Dayle in LeducRep

Mackenzie Dayle: Born to Perform


Meet Mackenzie Dayle. Here is an interview with this talented young pop artist from LeducRep's online news site:

Mackenzie Dayle may be a fresh face to most, but she’s no stranger to performing.
Dayle, who [headlined] a pop music showcase at the Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts Sunday, Oct. 26, is just at the outset of her music career, but she’s been performing on stage since the tender age of five, when her mother signed her up for a singing competition. It was almost an inauspicious beginning.
“When I arrived there, all practiced and ready to go, I was told that I would be on first and that’s when it hit me. I started crying and refused to go on stage,” Dayle said. She stayed backstage instead to watch the first few performers, and after working up some nerve, decided to try her luck.
“I was an extremely over-confident child at the time, and after watching a few performers go on I looked at my mom and said, ‘Oh, I can do that’.”
And she’s been doing it ever since.
Dayle is a born and raised Edmontonian, and recently graduated from Edmonton’s prestigious K-12 Victoria School of the Arts. She’s performed the national anthem at Oilers, Oil Kings and Eskimos games several times, and recently released her first album, Give Me Some Action, packed with songs Dayle crafted herself.
She [performed] songs from that album at the showcase, incorporated into a stage show that indulges Dayle’s theatrical tendencies.
“Whenever I put on a show, it becomes a look inside the crazy and colourful world that is my brain. I am a natural theatric and this showcase is going to be a collection of all the things that excite me about performing,” Dayle said. “I have put my heart and soul into making this concert as smooth and exciting as it could possibly be.”
Dayle [was joined] on stage by several other young artists from the Edmonton area. Dance crews, singer/songwriter Asim Chin and Nic Neufeld also [performed]. Dayle said she personally picked Neufeld and Chin for the showcase.
“I specifically wanted to include them in my show because I knew what they could do and I knew I could trust them to deliver a great show, as I have seen them do many times before,” she said.

credit: <http://www.leducrep.com/2014/10/24/pop-showcase-bringing-young-talent-to-leduc-on-sunday-night>

Here is Mackenzie Dayle's cover of Katy Perry's "Roar":


No comments:

Post a Comment